The motorcycle rider that is involved in a motorcycle accident can suffer a wide range of injuries. Common orthopaedic injuries are bone fractures to the feet, broken ankles and legs, which will require crutches and can mean being bedridden for weeks or months. Typically these injuries arise when a rider is ejected from the bike and tossed into an inanimate object, such as a passenger car, a curb, the pavement, or a concrete barrier. In many cases the afflicted rider will be unable to work for weeks or months, or be permanently disabled. It can also mean quadriplegia or paraplegia. The exorbitant costs entailed with this ongoing vital treatment, might very well be astronomical. The veteran and supremely experienced Ehline Law Firm PC, has multiple years of experience dealing with these high dollar negligence claims. We can be reached at at 888-400-9721.
- Injured Riders and Treatments of Fractures
- Most Common Motorcycle Accidents Breaks
- Don’t Go it All By Yourself
- Hire a Motorcycle Lawyer
Injured Motorcycle Riders and Fracture Injury Treatment
Once a victim has taken steps to secure legal treatment, he or she needs to take stock of who is treating the injuries. One may want a second opinion from a surgeon or other medical specialist. A General Practitioner may not be well suited to caring for a catastrophically shattered bone. The treatment for fracture injuries, by some medical providers, due to financial incentives, provides cheaper medical treatment for bone fracture injuries. One of the examples of this is the break that should have corrective surgery, which is a more precise and effective healing method. As it stands, these types of injuries usually require a prolonged convalescent period. Following a bad medical program can make it take even longer.
Due to the cost, rather than performing surgery, a victim may request the doctor put a cast on the fracture injury. When the less costly medical treatment is provided it can cause harm to the injured victim over time. This is not the correct method and may make the injury claim less valuable to the already vulnerable patient. The broken bones that are not properly set can cause permanent disabilities and are more vulnerable to re-injuries in the future. Ehline Law is helpful at finding doctors and surgeons who agree to do the surgery now, and get paid later. Our firm has a no-recovery, no-fee policy and cover all the costs to win compensation for the injured biker.
Most Common Fractures from Biker Accidents:
There are several types of fractures acquired from rider spills and collisions as follows:
- Non-Displaced breaks: This is what most people are aware of. This is where bone is not displaced out of its biological or anatomically correct placement.
- Open breaks: This is a more serious condition where in the bones is actually broken in two. Here, the bone spears through the muscle and flesh. These are amongst the most gruesome and painful types of medical conditions a rider can face.
- Closed bone injuries: These are common with feet and ankles that have been crushed. But a common head related condition is the comminuted skull injury. No bone pops the skin membrane, and instead, the damage is sealed up and can involve multiple shattered or broken bones. In the case of the comminuted skull break, bone chips can be knocked inward, and get stuck in the brain tissues. This would require a brain injury or neurosurgeon, and even then, brain damage cannot be ruled out.
- Displaced: Similar to a the open break, except that the snapped bone is in two or more pieces. Typically, the correct anatomical position of bone is perverted into a non natural position due to the jarring and jolting event of being slammed against a still object. Arachnoiditis can also develop from these injuries.
You Should Not Endure A Motorcycle Insurance Claim or Lawsuit Alone
Enduring this type of tragedy can make you feel like your up the creek without a paddle and completely isolated. Being immobilized is bad enough. These shocking events are life altering and extremely hard to cope with for an unrepresented individual. The confusion of how bills will be paid, of how a person will be able to keep their job, and afford hospital care, compounds the burden. How can a person relax and heal with all of this upheaval? The answer?
Easy, our legal pros at Ehline Law are motorcycle injury lawyers who can help remove the Sword of Damocles from over your head. Motorcycle accidents are also the nexus of many life long hip, pelvis and shoulder related injuries. Surgical options may require titanium hardware to be screwed into your bones in order to set the bones properly. Sometimes bone fragment may need a wire mesh to hold them together like a spiderweb, until they can calcify and heal strong. Any of us who has taken Judo, wrestling, or jiu jitso knows that a common method of breaking a fall is to use your arms and forearms, and to tuck up like a baby in the fetal position. This is the best way to mitigate an injury. But when a rider is rattled and knocked senseless from their steel horse, with no training in how to fall, they will typically try and brace the fall with their elbows, hands and arms.
Sadly, major injuries to the hands, fingers, arms and wrists are common. As discussed about, medical care and bone resets are excruciating.Unfortunately, most injuries to the joints cause victims to become candidates for future arthritis and bursitis. Other permanent injuries can include patella femoral pain syndrome, reflex sympathetic dystrophy and complex regional pain syndrome. Another less discussed development is the unwanted addiction to pain killers. Some of these pain meds cause dry mouth, sleeping too much, not getting enough sleep, such as insomnia, and can even lead to a wrongful suicide.
Contact an Experienced Fracture Lawyer
When you are seriously injured and want an expert team of lawyers to help your recover money, contact the top California motorcycle attorney (click here). Michael Ehline, Esq., offers a free no-obligation consultation at 888-400-9721. Or simply fill out our online form. He is available for meetings and depositions in offices all throughout California, to name a few.